a href="http://www.listia.com/?r=90830">Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Home made swift




A friend of mine (thanks Nikki) found this blog and sent me the link. I just love the idea of homemade and cheep, since I realy didn't have the money for a swift. I made mine just a bit different but same idea basicly, I found the lazy susan at Goodwill for 2.99, the hangers and closepins I had and the tin was one I had. I screwed the tin to the lazy susan, cut and bent the tin to keep the hangers in place and used some medical tape to cover the sharp edges. I was given the ball winder and it sat in my fabric chest for a year or more. Now I'm like a child in a candy store! So so many balls or cute little cakes to make and so little time. Thanks for looking!!! and below is the link to the blog with the directions!!!
http://webeccasays.blogspot.com/2008/05/tilta-swift.html

3 comments:

Rissa said...

That looks cool! I guess necessity really IS the mother of invention!

Desiree said...

I *love* my ball winder. My swift is great but my true love will always be the ball winder. So relaxing!

yoel said...

Cool!